Caramel Pumpkin Butter Cheesecake
Caramel pumpkin butter swirled in a cheesecake, baked in an Oreo cookie crust covered with caramel. A deliciously festive Fall or holiday dessert.
Do you want something different for your holiday dessert spread? [Want a holiday dessert spread? Hmmm . . . just thinking about a plate of sides followed by a plate of desserts . . .] Well hold onto your forks, because next month I'll be participating in a week long HashtagChristmasWeekPalooza and I'm working on my cookies as we speak. [Kidding. I'm sitting typing and doing the mental prep of cookie baking--and I've stocked up on flour (KAF is on sale!), butter and eggs.]
While I like the occasional trip to the Cheesecake Factory to pick up a slice in celebration, I'm not much on making cheesecakes. A springform pan-full is too much for our family. I opted to make a cheesecake in an Oreo cookie crust [no sponsorship implied, just labeling the specific brand so you can have success in your recipe like I did] since it's smaller, giving me less servings we need to eat.
I figured my Easy Spiced Caramel Pumpkin Butter would be wonderful in a cheesecake, and I was not disappointed. Caramel on the bottom, swirls of caramel pumpkin butter along the top--this cheesecake rocked. If you haven't made your own Caramel Pumpkin Butter you have my blessing to buy a jar of pumpkin butter and give that a try.
I'm not reinventing the wheel here--the basic cheesecake ingredients came from the Oreo website and I just removed the cookies and added caramel, and my caramel pumpkin butter.
For more recipes using pumpkins, please see my Pumpkin Recipes Collection. It's part of the Visual Recipe Index by Ingredient, a resource for folks like me whose compost overrunneth with pumpkins . . . or maybe that's just me. Maybe other folks just feel like getting pumpkins in the farm share or stocking up on cans of puree.
Caramel Pumpkin Butter Cheesecake (basic cheesecake ingredients from Oreo website)
- 1 6 ounce Oreo cookie crust (or the chocolate cookie crust of your choice)
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons caramel sundae topping
- 2 8 ounce packages of cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 5 Tablespoons Easy Spiced Caramel Pumpkin Butter or the pumpkin butter of your choice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Pour caramel topping over bottom of cookie crust. Set aside, on a baking sheet.
- Beat together cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and eggs until well blended. Pour over prepared cookie crust.
- Dollop (!) a Tablespoon at a time of Caramel Pumpkin Butter on top of cheesecake batter. Use a knife to swirl a prettier pattern than I managed to make.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until edges are lightly browned and center is about set. Cool completely.
- Serve with whipped cream. Leftovers keep in the fridge for a couple of days.